e-commerce - mudah.my

    assalamualaikum and hi to all.
    today i would like to share with you something related to MIS750 which is e-commerce.

    nowadays most of the activity or businesses been done and held via internet or online basis.
    what does it really mean by e-commerce actually?
    according to http://www.networksolutions.com :

"Electronic commerce or ecommerce is a term for any type of business, or commercial transaction, that involves the transfer of information across the Internet. It covers a range of different types of businesses, from consumer based retail sites, through auction or music sites, to business exchanges trading goods and services between corporations."

so basically it comprise of business activity that been held online.
from buying to selling.
this kind of business has been practice widely at west side of the globe but just been introduce in Malaysia.
there are several famous e commerce website or platform here in Malaysia such as Mudah.my and Lelong.com.
but i am more used to mudah.my thus today i will explain about e-commerce via mudah.my.

so what is mudah.my and what make it a well-known online market or e-commerce in Malaysia?
according to www.mudah.my webpage,

"Mudah.my is a brainchild of Mudah.my Sdn Bhd (formerly known as 701Search Sdn Bhd), a joint venture between Singapore Press Holdings Limited and Schibsted ASA. Singapore Press holdings Limited (SPH) is Southeast Asia's leading media organization with a stable of 17 newspaper titles in 4 languages; over 100 magazine titles and numerous online websites. SPH has also ventured into broadcasting, outdoor advertising and properties."

(mudah.my homepage)

(some of the categories of items that been place in the site)

since i can be consider as gadget mania, i keep change gadgets thus i need a place to buy and sell gadgets.
and believe me, mudah.my is one of the best platform to do business online.

here are some simple step in order to post an advertisement on the page :
1. open www.mudah.my on your browser.
2. click "post a free ad" and it will link you to the post ad page.
3. fill all the required personal information and also the item that you want to sell (picture also)
4. click submit and the page will require you to enter your password and after that you may post the adv.
5. mudah.my will send a verification mail to your email and after you click at the link given, mudah.my will process your application to post the advertisement and it usually take around 3 hour.
6. when your advertisement has been posted, mudah.my will send notification mail to you.

(you need to fill up all the required info)


simple is it?
and the most important thing that it cost you nothing.
just your time and internet access.
and when your advertisement published, it can be viewed all across the globe.

i have been using this mudah.my or e-commerce since pursuing my diploma.
and i found that it is so convenience and easy to use (plus free)
and i usually manage to sell my item withing 2 days (the shortest a day)

there are some advantages in using this e-commerce (referring to mudah.my)
1. reduce the geographical barrier by connecting buyer and seller all across the globe.
2. reduce the cost since it is free thus require only cost for internet and electricity (of course)
3. provide more alternatives since buyer can compare the price for a same item on the site.
4. easy to access since the site usually simple to understand and not complex.

but there are also some disadvantages in using such system.
1. potential of fraud since there are no physical shop thus seller (especially) can do fake business.
2. low security since the web offer free service thus the security seems to be a little bit low.

so since doing business online (e-commerce) has some pros and cons, there are some advises.
1. do cash on delivery (COD) especially for buyer to avoid fraud.
2. survey the market price of the item first before make a deal to avoid overprice.
3. ask opinion from member or relatives that has experience on the desire item.
4. if buyer or seller has been one of the victim to fraud transaction, please make a police report.

for me, this e-commerce has give lots of benefits especially when i need to sell my phone.
you try to imagine, if i sell the phone at mobile shop/mall, the shop will take my phone RM400 below market price or even higher.

for example when i want to sell my Iphone 5 previously, the market price i survey for 2nd hand Iphone 5 was around RM1800 to RM1900, and even at mudah.my people sell it around that price.
but when i asked the shop how much they will pay for my phone, the highest i can get was around RM1500 and even worse some shop offer me only RM1100. seriously for an Iphone 5?
so sorry, i understand that they doing business thus they allocate some profit margin.
but sometimes they are too much. want to gain high profit in the short term.

but usually i go to the shop just to survey the market price.
then i will know how much i can sell it at mudah.my.
and surprisingly i manage to sold my Iphone 5 RM1850 at mudah.my.
instead of selling it to the shop and get RM1500 the highest, i get extra RM350 by selling it through mudah.my  and it cost me nothing.
for me, this e-commerce thing give us buyer and seller win-win situation where seller can sell the item higher than shop buying price and buyer can buy the item slightly lower than shop selling price.

so, i definitely will use the e-commerce especially mudah.my in the future since it offer me lots of benefit.
and i hope in the future lots of feature will be integrate into the systems such as integrated payment by doing collaboration with maybank2u or CIMBclick and enhancement in term of security of the transaction.

p/s : will sell my Samsung Galaxy S4 when Iphone 6 or note 3 come out, so anybody? (hehehehehe)


0 comments:

CHATIME

FOLLOW ME

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / MIS750

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger